Jan 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM
The production release of Pyxis 2 will be out within the next month or so and there are a few important things to know before the release.
- Most importantly, applications developed against the beta will not
be immediately compatible with the production version. This is due to some architecture changes that were required.
- We now have an installer utility "InstallMaker" so your applications can be seamlessly installed by the user with a single file (no matter how many files your project consists of)
- The concept of Web Applications has been removed from the production release.
- We've added RichTextLabel (allows multiple fonts, colors and styles on a single label)
- Forms can now be set to "AutoScroll" allowing you to create your application without having to worry about the user's screen size.
- ContextMenus will make an appearance in the production release.
- USB Keyboard support has been added.
- Applications will now have direct access to File Associations.
- An App Store has been created where you can offer your product through the Skewworks site (free apps only at the moment; paid is planned).
- Applications can now receive parameters on start-up.
- The default font has been changed to Arial and more fonts have been added.